Through our partnerships across the region, DEAL supports East Arnhem businesses to access information, networks, services and capital.
- We support local businesses operating on the Gove Peninsula to understand their markets and prepare for mine closure, through information sessions with relevant experts, and by coordinating bulk access to professional services.
- We provide information and referrals to businesses to help them access existing support services and business planning, investment and networks.
- We identify opportunities to strengthen existing business support offerings, drawing on new models and third-party investment as part of our continuing commitment to supporting micro-enterprise and local business development.
- We promote streamlined and accessible business development capital and services, through collaboration with governments, investors and service providers.
- We advocate for East Arnhem businesses and workers to be prioritised in government and private procurement processes – especially for major projects – and support businesses to position themselves to deliver contracts across the region and the Northern Territory.
If you would like to discuss how DEAL might be able to support your business, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
In early 2021, DEAL created the Business Support Manager position to support Yolŋu businesses across the East Arnhem region. The Business Support Manager works with new and emerging Yolŋu businesses to support their economic and business aspirations and drive economic growth for the region.
The following services are offered to businesses through the Business Support Manager under a services agreement and businesses are able to engage as few or as many services as they need based on their business needs:
- Provide Company Secretary services
- Tailor and implement policies and procedures to support governance
Finance and payroll
- Manage bookkeeping and accounting
- Manage payroll for employees employed directly by the corporation
- Support logistics for travel related to corporation business
- Support compliance with funding agreements through preparation and submission of reporting requirements
- Support preparation of new funding applications in pursuit of the corporation’s objectives
- Act as a point of contact via phone and email for the corporation
- Provide administrative assistance in pursuit of the corporation’s objectives
- Provide business and strategic planning support
The East Arnhem region has a range of business support and funding organisations willing and able to partner with you on your business journey. Whether you are looking to start a business from scratch, undertake workforce development, need infrastructure support for an established business, or are looking to diversify your business, the East Arnhem Business Support Pathway will help you navigate the many support and funding options available.
You can view and download the East Arnhem Business Support Pathway document via the below link:
DEAL is excited to be partnering with Enterprise Learning Projects (ELP) in 2021 to support East Arnhem businesses to access ELP’s business incubation program. The business incubation program is open to Yolŋu-led businesses that are looking for support to grow their business. DEAL has developed a partnership with ELP for 2021 because ELP has demonstrated its commitment to East Arnhem and has a strong record of working collaboratively with Aboriginal businesses in remote Australia to develop sustainable business growth. You can read more about ELP on its website.
If you would like to learn more about the ELP business incubation program, you can visit its website or talk to the DEAL team. Applications are now open for individuals or businesses to join the program – you can apply online, or the DEAL team can support you to complete your application. Applications close on Friday 12 March 2020 and the program will start in July 2021.
In 2015, DEAL partnered with Many Rivers to support micro-enterprise development, particularly in the region’s Yolŋu communities and homelands. Contact us if you would like more information regarding Many Rivers support.