- There are profitable businesses across diverse industries, beyond mining.
- Residents can access a diverse range of employment opportunities.
- The region is connected into local and international markets.
- The region’s rich and diverse resources are well understood and effectively presented to relevant investors and markets.
- Investors and lenders see the region as a good place to do business, and governments are committed to the economic growth of the region.
In 2020, the estimated resident population of East Arnhem was 14,565.
In 2019, East Arnhem had an unemployment rate of 10.5%. This compares to the Northern Territory average of 3.8%.
In 2019/20, East Arnhem had a jobs to workers ratio of 1.17, meaning there were more jobs than resident workers. This compares to a ratio of 1.02 for the Northern Territory for the same period.
In 2016, East Arnhem had labour force participation rate of 44.2%.
In 2019, East Arnhem had an average of 81% business confidence. This compares to an average of 80% for the previous year.
In 2016, 47.2% of youth aged between 15-19 years were fully engaged in work/study.
*Date sources: id – the population experts, Australian Bureau of Statistics and the Northern Territory Chamber of Commerce.