East Arnhem has all the necessary infrastructure to support investment in the region’s growth and development. It has:
- several airports, with Nhulunbuy as the region’s hub
- the Gunyaŋara (Gove Port) Tourism Precinct which will improve marine tourism infrastructure to enable significant growth in the industry across the region
- the 675-kilometre Central Arnhem Road which runs from the Stuart Highway to Nhulunbuy and provides a vital transport corridor to the region’s communities and homelands
- Telstra Arnhem Fibre Network providing broadband telecommunications services
- 4G mobile phone service in all major towns and communities
- National Broadband Network Co Fibre to the premise connections in Nhulunbuy and being progressively rolled out to other communities in the region.
Our work is driven by the aspirations of Traditional Owners and communities about what the future of the region looks like and linked closely to the regional economic growth plan, including attracting investment to grow and expand infrastructure.