Through our partnerships across the region, DEAL supports East Arnhem businesses to access information, networks, services and capital.
- We support local businesses operating on the Gove Peninsula to understand their markets and prepare for mine closure, through information sessions with relevant experts, and by coordinating bulk access to professional services.
- We provide information and referrals to businesses to help them access existing support services and business planning, investment and networks.
- We identify opportunities to strengthen existing business support offerings, drawing on new models and third-party investment as part of our continuing commitment to supporting micro-enterprise and local business development.
- We promote streamlined and accessible business development capital and services, through collaboration with governments, investors and service providers.
- We advocate for East Arnhem businesses and workers to be prioritised in government and private procurement processes – especially for major projects – and support businesses to position themselves to deliver contracts across the region and the Northern Territory.
If you would like to discuss how DEAL might be able to support your business, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
In early 2021, DEAL created the Business Development and Support function to work with new and emerging Yolŋu businesses to support their economic and business aspirations and drive economic growth for the region.
Nathan Djerrkura has joined DEAL as our Business Development and Support Manager. Nathan has extensive experience in working with Aboriginal communities and building strong relationships and networks across the Northern Territory. In previous roles he has worked with Yolŋu and industry and government stakeholders to support workforce development, upskilling and increasing job readiness to assist members of the community to gain and maintain employment in fulfilling positions within the East Arnhem region.
As a proud Yolŋu man Nathan has a unique understanding and appreciation of just how important economic growth is for Yolŋu families to support self-determination, draw on traditional knowledge and cultural practices, and enable Yolŋu to build their own vision for their lands and opportunities to support generations to come.
The following services are offered to businesses under a services agreement and businesses are able to engage as few or as many services as they need based on their business needs:
- Provide Company Secretary services
- Tailor and implement policies and procedures to support governance
Finance and payroll
- Manage bookkeeping and accounting
- Manage payroll for employees employed directly by the corporation
- Support logistics for travel related to corporation business
- Support compliance with funding agreements through preparation and submission of reporting requirements
- Support preparation of new funding applications in pursuit of the corporation’s objectives
- Act as a point of contact via phone and email for the corporation
- Provide administrative assistance in pursuit of the corporation’s objectives
- Provide business and strategic planning support
DEAL is excited to be partnering with Enterprise Learning Projects (ELP) to support East Arnhem businesses to access ELP’s business incubation program. The business incubation program is open to Yolŋu-led businesses that are looking for support to grow their business. DEAL has developed a partnership with ELP because ELP has demonstrated its commitment to East Arnhem and has a strong record of working collaboratively with Aboriginal businesses in remote Australia to develop sustainable business growth.
If you would like to learn more about the ELP business incubation program, you can visit their website or talk to the DEAL team.