Earlier this year DEAL was pleased to welcome Emma Drew to the team as our Business Support Manager, a newly created position to support Yolŋu businesses across the East Arnhem region.
The Business Support Manager works with new and emerging Yolŋu businesses to support their economic and business aspirations and drive economic growth for the region.
The following services are offered to businesses through the Business Support Manager under a services agreement and businesses will be able to engage as few or as many services as they need based on their business needs:
- Provide Company Secretary services
- Tailor and implement policies and procedures to support governance
Finance and payroll
- Manage bookkeeping and accounting
- Manage payroll for employees employed directly by the corporation
- Support logistics for travel related to corporation business
- Support compliance with funding agreements through preparation and submission of reporting requirements
- Support preparation of new funding applications in pursuit of the corporation’s objectives
- Act as a point of contact via phone and email for the corporation
- Provide administrative assistance in pursuit of the corporation’s objectives
- Provide business and strategic planning support
Emma brings a strong understanding of the region and its people to this position having spent the past two years living and working in remote East Arnhem as a Business Development Officer with Arnhem Land Progress Aboriginal Corporation. Emma is a skilled business strategist with almost two decades of experience in international development and humanitarian settings, focusing on non-profit management, project design and management, fundraising and grant management.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS SERVICE
We look forward to working alongside Yolŋu businesses across the region to support them to establish and grow community-based enterprises, as well as to understand and engage in regional economic opportunities that align with their aspirations.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or would like to set up a time to meet with Emma, please contact DEAL on (08) 8987 0558 or at email@example.com